Monday, July 27, 2009

Sunday Excitement

It's Sunday...and I am sitting in my usual Sunday place, watching a little television and doing a lot of crocheting, when I hear a pretty unusual noise. It was coming from the lake side of the house and sounded like maybe the hill had given away. (Except there was no splash of water...so what was I thinking) I looked out the back windows to see if the guard had heard it...he did...then proceeded to the balcony off my bedroom to check out what had happened.

Turned out that part of the massive eucalyptus tree in the MSF (Médecins Sans Frontières - Doctors Without Borders) compound next door had fallen over the brick wall into our compound. It was kind of comical. There was no wind, no warning it was going to fall. And it was huge. There is a gate down to the lake...but you wouldn't be able to tell from the photo's.

MSF is going to help with cutting the tree off of the wall, but our guard, Maxime, spent the rest of Sunday afternoon cutting the tree away from the far back wall. He was concerned that if it stayed that way, it could be used by someone to climb up over the fence and into our compound. I love that our guards care about our safety. It's such a blessing.

Here are some shots of the tree from the balcony of the house then from ground level.



Oh and while I was down checking out the tree, I took this great photo of the house.

No comments: